Abu Dhabi Visa Information
The UAE authorities have taken several measures in order to make the visa procedure as hassle-free as possible. Apart from the fact that citizens of 33 countries (GCC nationals plus nationals of listed countries, see below) do not need visas prior to arrival at a UAE airport, you will find efficient systems in place to assist guests not from one of the exempt countries. If you are coming to work in the UAE, you will be required to have a visa that can only be obtained on your behalf by your employer or sponsor.
The kind of visa necessary for admission into the UAE depends on a variety of components, which includes nationality, purpose of visit and planned duration.
GCC nationals do not need a visa to go to the UAE. They simply need to produce a GCC country passport upon arrival at the place of admission into the UAE.
The following categories of visitors may be given their own visit visa at the airport, upon arrival.
1. GCC Residents who are not GCC nationals but who possess a high expert status such as business managers, business people, auditors, accountants, doctors, engineers, pharmacists, or employees working in the public sector, their families, drivers and personal staff sponsored by them, are eligible for a non-renewable 30-day visa on arrival at the authorized ports of admission.
2. National residents of the following countries: United Kingdom (with the right of abode in the UK), France, Italy, Germany, the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, Switzerland, Austria, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Portugal, Ireland, Greece, Finland, Spain, Monaco, the Vatican, Iceland, Andorra, San Marino, Liechtenstein, United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Brunei, Singapore, Malaysia, South Korea and holders of Hong Kong SAR passports will be given a free-of-charge visa for a single visit upon arrival within the UAE. It should be noted that this list might differ slightly from time to time and it is therefore best to discuss with your local UAE embassy or the airline that you are using to fly to the UAE.
Those not falling into one of the two categories above would require a visa and a sponsor for any visit.
The sponsor typically applies for that visa on the person’s behalf. Legal sponsors include:
3. Hotels and tour companies can apply on behalf of a visitor for a Tourist Visa (valid for 30 days); or a Service Visa (valid for 14 days); Visit Visas, are valid for 30 days and also 90 days.
4. Airlines and Airlines Handlers apply on behalf of their particular crewmembers to get a 96-hour Transit Visa.
5. Other groups based in the UAE can only apply for Visit Visas and Service Visas.
6. People (family members or friends) currently resident in the UAE can, subject to regulations, also apply for a Visit Visa.
Entry Service Permit
An Entry Service Permit relates to the following categories and their own families accompanying them: company manager’s representatives, sales managers, account auditors, delegations from companies or institutions to carry out a commercial undertaking in the UAE, and consultants requested by businesses operating in the UAE to execute an urgent job.
This kind of visa is legitimate for use within just 14 days from the date of issue. The duration of stay is 14 days from date of entry, exclusive of arrival and departure days. It is certainly non-renewable.
In order to complete the application, the sponsor will require the visitor’s time of entrance and flight details, and a photocopy of the first few pages of the visitor’s passport, which ought to be valid for at least three months. The Entry Service Permit holder may enter as well as leave the UAE by means of any airport.
The Visit Visa applies to vacationers who wish to spend more than 14 days in UAE, individuals coming for family visits as well as those on lengthy business visits. It requires the sponsorship of any UAE local or any company or hotel certified to operate inside the UAE. A refundable AED 2,000 guarantee from expatriates who wish to sponsor close relatives is imposed.
This visa is legitimate for entry within two months from its date of issue. Short term Visit Visas are legitimate for 30 days and long term Visit Visas are valid for 90 days.
In order to complete the application, the sponsor needs the visitor’s date of arrival and arrival facts and a photocopy of the first few pages of the visitor’s passport, which ought to be valid for at least three months. Hotels, hotel apartments, tour operators, travel agents and airlines will most likely not impose supplementary costs or processing fees in excess of AED 100 for arranging visas for visitors. The Visit Visa holder may enter and leave the country by means of any port of admission in the UAE.
A special section of visas under the Visit Visa type is often a Tourist Visa, which can be acquired for individual tourists from: East and West Europe, Turkey, Bulgaria, Poland, Ukraine, Albania, Russia, the Hellenic Republic, St Kitts-Navis, St Lucia, Mexico, Cuba, Bermuda, Belize, Guyana, French Guiana, Martinique, Antigua and Barbuda, St Vincent, Kingston, Palao other non-defined American nationalities, Thailand, South Africa, China, Malta, Cyprus.
The Tourist Visa entitles its owner to a 30-day stay which is non-renewable. The Tourist Visa requires the sponsorship of hotels and tour operators who bring in visitors within the above listed countries. Hotels, hotel apartments, tour operators, travel agents and airlines may not charge supplementary costs or application fees in excess of AED 100 for arranging visas for visitors.
Multiple-entry Visas are issued to business visitors who have a relationship with either a multinational or other reputable local company, and who are frequent visitors to the UAE. This kind of visa is valid for six months from the date of issue and also the duration of every stay is 30 days. The validity is non-renewable.
The visitor must enter the UAE on a visit visa and obtain the multiple-entry visa while in the country. The visa is stamped on the passport.
Transit passengers ending at airports for a minimum of eight hours and meeting the specific conditions outlined below are eligible for obtaining a 96-hour transit visa. These conditions are as follow:
- Airlines sponsored only (prior arrangements maybe required).
- Applications should have confirmed onward reservation to the 3rd destination.
- For transit passengers or others holding special permits, or for visit or mission, the pass- port as well as document needs to be valid for at least three months.
- Citizens of the following countries are not eligible for the 96 hours visa on arrival: Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq, Niger, and Yemen.